From any freeway in Dallas, use the following directions.
- Take any freeway to Central Expressway (South)/Interstate 45 (South), heading to
- Take the Highway 75 (Old Central Expressway South) exit, next to the M.L. King
exit (do not exit on M. L. King Blvd.).
- Follow Highway 75 South to the Elsie Faye Heggins Street Exit and exit
- Make a left turn onto Elsie Faye Heggins Street, continue one (1) block to
Harwood Street and turn right.
- Follow Harwood Street for three (3) blocks and turn right into the New Hope
Baptist Church parking lot at 4900 S. Harwood and you will see the Church
parking lot on the right ( You can also locate this address on your GPS) Do Not
take Highway 175 S, you have passed the church and are headed to Pleasant
|5002 S. Central Expressway
Dallas' Oldest African-American Christian Witness,
"The Mother Church"
Founded in 1873 by African-Americans